Blog #9

     I really enjoy taking EME2040. It taught me new skills like how to use Microsoft apps, how to find certain things in google, how to make a website, and how to record audio on a slide show. I have nothing to dislike about the class since I enjoy it. I also enjoy doing the padlets because they're easy and fun to do. 

    OER is public digital library of open educational resources. You can explore, create, and collaborate with other educators around the world to improve curricular. I found "Aquarist for a Day". In this video Jonathan visits the New England Aquarium as a volunteer aquarist for a day to learn what it takes to care for thousands of fish in dozens of exhibits, up to the massive 200,000 gallon Giant Ocean Tank (GOT). What he finds is an eye opener. Maintaining an aquarium is serious work. But it does have its benefits, as Jonathan discovers while diving in the GOT and feeding the sharks. This segment won a New England Emmy Award! Please see the accompanying study guide for educational objectives and discussion points.

    Some new skills I acquired while working on project 4 were how to record audio on Microsoft power point. It was a fun assignment because I got to basically create my own lesson plan which was cool. One thing I disliked was saving my audio recording and uploading it to canvas. Just because at first I did't know which way to save my presentation. 

Comments

Popular Posts